Google has started rolling out Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based MMB29Q latest factory image for Nexus 5/5X, Nexus 6 and Nexus 7 (2013). The MMB29Q update for Nexus is packed with security patch and multiple improvements. In this guide you will be able to install Official Marshmallow Android 6.0.1 MMB29Q factory image on above mentioned Nexus devices, most of the users are expecting Android 6.0.2 update but it’s not that far from Google, so by now it’s always good to keep your device upto date regarding firmware updates. The MMB29Q firmware update for Nexus 5/5X, Nexus 6 and Nexus 7 (2013) will take some time until it knocks at your device but if you think you are good enough for the manual work then what are you waiting for just go ahead and follow our guide below.
You can always give a manual check for the OTA update, go to Settings >> About device >> Software update
How to install MMB29Q Factory Image on Nexus 5, 5X, Nexus 6 and Nexus 7 (2013)
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This guide includes flashing Stock firmware and other operations on your device. The writer is not responsible for any damage happens to your device during the whole operation neither we are forcing you to perform such operation.
Create a Backup of your device
Backup is the most necessary part for your device, so we recommend you to create a secure backup of your data.
You need to prepare your device for installing custom recovery, follow the below perquisites steps to keep the recovery installation process smooth without facing errors.
- Keep your battery charged or at least your device should contain at least 80% charge before the flashing operation.
- Android USB drivers for your device should be installed on your PC, or you can download the latest USB drivers for your device from the mentioned link. Download USB drivers for Google Nexus
- Enable USB debugging and check the Allow Mock Locations option too. To enable USB debugging in your device go to Setting >> Developer options >> USB debugging. USB debugging is meant for the development purpose hence it will ask you for the confirmation so tap OK to confirm.
- Sometimes “Developer options” are not visible in device settings menu, so what you need to do is, go to Settings >> About device >> Software information and there you will see an option build number. Tap it 7 times until a pop up arises with a message that you are now a developer, that’s it now go back and the Developers option is visible in the settings menu.
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked
- ADB-Fastboot drivers should be setup on PC or follow this guide
- Download ADB-fastboot
Once you are done with the above preparations now it’s time to install MMB29Q Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Nexus 5/5X, Nexus 6 and Nexus 7 (2013).
How to install MMB29Q Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Nexus 5/5X, Nexus 6 and Nexus 7 (2013)
Download MMB29Q Factory Image for Nexus 5
Download MMB29Q Factory Image for Nexus 5X
Download MMB29Q Factory Image for Nexus 6
Download MMB29Q Factory Image for Nexus 7 LTE
Turn off your device completely.
Now Boot your device into fastboot/bootloader mode. To do so you can search for it or use hardware buttons combination. (If your device is rooted then its super easy, just visit Google Play and download any third party reboot app for this purpose). Press Volume up + Volume Down + Power simultaneously until you see fastboot logo.
Now extract the MMB29Q firmware you have downloaded earlier and copy all the files in the downloaded adb-fastboot folder.
Open the adb-fastboot folder, you will find a file with name “flash-all script” click on it (if you are using Windows PC else rest of the options) and the firmware update process will started.
Once the installation completes, your device will reboot itself. Please note first reboot may take upto 5 minutes so be patient.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Nexus 5, 5X, Nexus 6 and Nexus 7(2013) on MMB29Q Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow factory Image. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ or give us +1 or Like to say thanks